How to Pack and Store Christmas Decorations Safely
It’s that time of year when the holidays are over and it’s time to put away all of the festive decorations. Before you just toss everything into a bin and shove it in the closet, it’s important to take the time to properly pack and store your Christmas decorations to ensure they last for many holiday seasons to come. Follow these tips to keep your decorations safe and organized while in storage.
1. Start by separating your decorations by type. Group together your lights, ornaments, garlands, and other décor items. This makes it easier to know what you have and what you need to store.
2. Use clear bins that are labeled with the contents. This makes it much easier to locate specific items when you need them in the future. Make sure to use sturdy bins that can withstand the weight of your decorations and protect them from dust, dirt, and moisture.
3. To protect delicate ornaments, wrap them individually in tissue paper or bubble wrap. For larger, more fragile ornaments that are odd-shaped, use empty egg cartons or paper cups to cushion them.
4. When packing up your lights, use cardboard cutouts to prevent them from getting tangled. You can also use zip ties to keep them in a coiled position and prevent tangling.
5. Store your bins in a cool and dry location. This ensures that your decorations are not exposed to heat, moisture, or pests that can cause damage.
Properly packing and storing your Christmas decorations is essential. Follow these easy tips to ensure that your decorations last, and you won’t have to buy new ones every year. When the holiday season arrives, you’ll be able to take out your decorations with ease and enjoy them for years to come.
Get started by checking out the latest Move-In Specials.
Manage Cookie Consent
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.